Costco is a popular shopping brand in the United States and this is so because of their prices which tends to be a lot more cheaper than stores in the same category with them. As a customer, one thing that is bound to increase your desire to patronize a store is the ease and convenience you can enjoy from the store when shopping. This is why contactless payment is quite popular today and if you’re a Costco customer this article will help you find out if Costco takes Samsung Pay.
Does Costco Accept Samsung Pay?
Yes. Costco accepts Samsung Pay. Customers can use Samsung Pay to pay for their orders at Costco warehouse locations, gas stations, and the Costco official website. Aside from Samsung Pay, the store also accepts other contactless payment methods such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Samsung Pay is a preferred payment option for shoppers today as it eliminates the need to carry debit and credit cards when one goes shopping, loading them to their phone and using it effortlessly to make payment. I am going to show you how to use Samsung Pay to make payments for your orders at Costco.
How to Pay with Samsung Pay at Costco
To pay with Samsung Pay at Costco, follow the steps below:
- After picking your order or selecting what you want to buy, proceed to the counter or checkout page
- Inform the cashier you’d like to make payments using Samsung Pay
- They would draw out their payment reader and prep it for payment
- On your phone, go to Samsung Pay and launch it
- Tap the Pay button on Samsung Pay and select the card you’d like to use to make the payment
- Next, tap Pay after selecting the card
- Place your phone over the payment reader already prepared by the cashier
- The payment will be processed and your account will be debited automatically.
If you are using your smart watch to pay, the process is quite different. I have outlined the process involved in using your Galaxy Watch or any compatible smart watch to pay for your order at Costco.
How to Pay with Samsung Pay at Costco using your Smart Watch
To use your Galaxy Watch or any other compatible smart watches to pay at Costco with Samsung Pay, follow the steps below:
- Go to the counter and ask to pay using Samsung Pay so the cashier can ready the contactless payment reader
- Tap to wake your Galaxy Watch or compatible smart watch
- Press and hold the Back button to launch Samsung Pay
- When the app launches, swipe to the left to locate the card you want to use to make the payment
- Next, place the watch directly above the contactless payment reader and the payment will be processed
Making payments with Samsung Pay at Costco is quite easy. However, if you encounter issues with Samsung Pay, there are other Costco payment methods you can use to pay for your order.
Costco Payment Methods
There are a range of payment methods that can be used at Costco. The following are some of the Costco payment methods you can use aside from Samsung Pay:
- Visa Cards
- The Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi
- Costco shop cards
- Debit and credit cards from MasterCard, American Express, and other popular U.S. card brands
- EBT Cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
Does Costco Accepts MasterCard?
Yes. Costco accepts MasterCard. You can use MasterCard debit and credit cards to make payment for orders at Costo gas stations and Costco.com. Because of Costco’s contract with VISA, you cannot use any other card provider at its warehouse locations
Does Costco Accept Discover?
Yes. You can use Discover to pay for your orders at Costco. However, the use of Discover as a payment method at Costco is limited to Costco.com and Costco gas stations. If you want to make a payment at Costco’s warehouses, you would be allowed to use only VISA cards.
Does Costco Accept Digital Payments?
Costo accepts digital payments. The store allows shoppers to make payments via a range of digital payment means such as credit and debit cards from VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and other US card service providers. You can also make digital payments at Costco via the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
What Payment Does Costco not Accept?
Costco does not accept card payments from any other service provider aside from VISA at its warehouse locations. These cards can be used on Costco.com and gas stations but only VISA-powered cards can be used at Costco warehouses.
Why Doesn’t Costco take MasterCard?
Costco has a partnership deal with VISA which prevents it from allowing any payment processing using other card providers aside from VISA at its warehouses. If you must use any other card, like MasterCard or Discover, you can only use them at Costco gas stations and the Costco website.
How Can I Pay at Costco without a Physical Card?
You can pay at Costco without a physical card using contactless payment methods such as Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and Apple Pay. Prior to this time, you must have added a credit or debit card to any of these contactless payment methods to use them at the store.
In conclusion, it is clear that Costco accepts Samsung Pay as a form of payment at its warehouses, gas stations, and the Costco website. Customers who want to pay with their Samsung Pay account can do so at Costco but they would need to have set up the account first. If you have not set up your Samsung Pay account and added your credit or debit cards, I have added an article below that would guide you on how to do so.