TPG under review, you will likely receive a letter from them explaining why your refund is being delayed. You may also be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity or to explain any questionable information on your tax return.
- Refund delays. TPG is a third-party company that processes tax refunds for the IRS. In some cases, TPG may experience delays in processing refunds, which can lead to customers being under review.
- Identity verification issues. TPG may require identity verification before issuing a refund. If there are any issues with verifying a customer’s identity, this could lead to the customer’s refund being placed under review.
- Questionable information on a tax return. The IRS may review a tax return if there is any questionable information on it. This could include things like inconsistent information, missing information, or errors. If the IRS finds any questionable information, they may place the refund under review.
In most cases, reviews by TPG are resolved quickly. However, if you have any questions or concerns, you can contact TPG customer service for assistance.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- TPG website: https://www.sbtpg.com/
- TPG customer service: https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us
- IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/refunds